Duplicate business citations are the major problem for local businesses. Data sources will often have incorrect, outdated, or mislaid data for a particular business which can and will be scraped by a data aggregator and transferred all the way through the local search ecosystem.
What is a Duplicate Citation?
Once a local business has more than of the solitary citation for a particular physical location in an online index, these other citations are considered duplicates. A miscellany of negative consequences can ascend from the presence of duplicate citations, distrustful from your local business’s proficiency to rank well and triumph clients.
Why Does Your Business Have Duplicate Citations?
Occasionally, business vendors or their engaged promoting agencies and professionals will carelessly add a facsimile business citation to an index. But, there could also be numerous other reasons why your business has duplicate citations such as:
• Numerous citations added by the business vendor unintentionally.
• Citations added by a promoting agency after the owner had previously added an inappropriate citation. Clients who have visited your foundation may have added an inappropriate or duplicate citation.
• Occasionally you may have a replica citation due to a system or a server error on the index.
How do Duplicate Citations Affect Your Business?
• Main search engines like Google will see replicas as spam and your search ranking will be lesser
• Your client reviews will get split into miscellaneous citations, so instead of having 50 reviews on one correct citation – you may have only half of the reviews on your genuine citation and the rest getting split into your duplicate citations.
• If your duplicate citation starts ranking higher than your actual citation, customers may be getting incorrect or outdated phone numbers, addresses and other details of your business. And because of this your customers may not be able to reach you
• Also if your duplicate citation starts ranking higher than your actual citation, search engines may start indexing that citation instead of yours and no matter how much you update your citation new information will not reach your customers
Way to Fix Duplicate Citation
Be careful of third-party services that tackle the procedure of upgrading your business account and posting it on hundreds of local indexes. These service suppliers frequently take on their standard procedures which are outdated and can charge you a chance, every month.
If you require boosting your ROI, sign up for the services of a reliable, professional, and well-established agency that can assist you to find the entire duplicate citations and can change them to incorporate alternative names. These services are extremely profitable for businesses that have made transfiguration to their location or name previously. Affixing a duplicate citation is a monotonous and time-eating procedure but it values the exertion because it proffers explicit data and intensifies your online visibility.